Wednesday, October 22, 2008

50 Things About Me

On the Cricut Lovers Yahoo group we did a "50 Things About Me" post and I intend to make a layout out of mine...however, you know how that goes...it may be awhile. Sooooo, I thought I'd go ahead and share my 50 with the intentions of coming back later and scrapping it. Here they are:

1. I will turn 51 on Friday (Oct 24th) and age doesn't bother me, in fact if my family hadn't given me a huge 50th birthday party last year I probably would have had to get the calculator out to figure out how old I was.

2. I have been married twice.

3 I have a boy and a girl from my first marriage.

4. My ex left me for a 16 year old girl, he was 35 at the time, they married and are living happily ever after. The rejection from being left for a child almost killed me.

5. After he left, I made a pack with God that I wouldn't date for 10 years and would allow Him to be their Daddy and for Him to be my husband and He in turn helped me raise 2 awesome God loving adults. Thank you Jesus!

6. I met my 2nd husband at church...he was sitting with his wife and I remember thinking that they just didn't look 'right' together...she later left him for woman...yeah.

7. We started dating 3 years after his divorce, 10 years after mine and married 6 weeks later. That was 10 years ago.

8. I'm a giving person which is good but I get screwed over alot...kinda makes me concerned for humanity.

9. When my son left for college I went through the strangest emotions, from laying on the bed in a fetal position crying to hiding in the closet crying...weird I know. The good part is that I got over it after a few months.

10. When we dropped my daughter off at college I could feel myself starting to 'break' so we left abruptly, I cried for the 4 hours that it took to get home, I mean deep heart wrenching sobs and if felt as if she was being torn from my very soul. Just remembering #9 & #10 makes me cry.

11. Funny thing is it was almost 5 years later before she asked me if I left that day mad at her so I told her what happened...she said she never realized...I left like I did because I didn't want her to see me upset and be sad...just goes to show that we should be more open with others...5 years she thought I was mad at her for leaving me and going off to college.

12. I love animals...have 1 dog, Grayce, a Weimaraner...1 cat named Anna and tons of fish. I used to have many more of all three but finally realized that I simply can't save them all and learned to walk away and not look back.

13. I hate animal hunting and cannot for the life of me understand people (deer hunters) that throw the dead animal that they just killed over the hood of their car and parade it through town...maybe that's just a Georgia thing but still I hate it. (can you tell Hunting season just started)

14. If fact I hate all animal cruelty and seriously believe that anyone that mistreats an animal should have the same treatment dished out to them...and don't even get me started on child or spouse abuse!

15. Both my children finished college. He is an engineer and she is a graphic designer. Hearing them talk 'work' always amazes me because that makes me see them in adult rolls and it's kind of freaky.

16. My son married his college sweetheart and I adore her. She is most definitely the best thing that has ever happened to him.

17. My daughter married her college sweetheart and together they are music ministers at their church, write Christian music and have produced a few Christian CD's.

18. I love chocolate. I always have a bottle of Hershey's syrup in the fridge.

19. My next food obsession would be Wendy's chocolate Frosty's...I can't get enough of those things.

20. I blog. When I first started my blog it was to be something just for me to save my layouts to, you know, in case of a fire or something. I am still shocked at how many people visit me. Thank you!

21. My brother and sister were both alcohol / drug addicts, both died at the age of 34 but years apart.

22. Growing up I was sexually abused by my brother and verbally, mentally and emotionally abused by my father but it's ok...hurting people hurt people. With God's help, I have broke the cycle.

23. I don't eat ANY seafood.

24. I don't eat ANY fruits.

25. I don't eat ANYTHING that goes in salad.

26. I'm overweight...go figure.

27. Because of my eating habits, I hid my picky eating from my children as they were growing up and convinced them to always try different foods before deciding whether they liked it or not...to this day, they will eat anything.

28. I hate email drama and have a short patience for people that 'keep it going'.

29. Hence, my motto: "Let it go."

30. My heart hurts for people that don't know Jesus...He's my best friend.
BTW, if you are anti-christian or have been hurt by a church or a christian. I sincerely apologise to you. The church has boxed God in and made him into a bunch of rules, do's and don'ts but He is nothing like that. He came to save the world and that includes you and me, He loves us and doesn't care about all the rules, do's and don'ts. Really. Please give Him another chance.

31. Last year, my husband and I moved here to be closer to my son and his wife. I am now a SAHN (stay-at-home Nana) to their 3 girls (all under 2) and I have never in my life been happier.

32. My husband is a truck driver and I have a deep respect for truck drivers...they get a raw deal a lot of the time. THINK the next time you dart in front of a truck carrying tons of weight, you are risking your life.

33.My first grand daughter was named after me. I am honored and humbled at the same time.

34. I hate email typo's and always check for them and yet after hitting send still usually find one.

35. People think I'm more creative than I really am.

36. I would give my life right now for any of my children / grandchildren...and possibly you.

37. I used to work in healthcare...one of my duty's was fitting women for their prosthesis and bras after their breast had been removed. There is life after a mastectomy however preventive is best...check on the girls regularly...please.

38. I could very very very easily be a vegetarian, I only eat meat (and then very little of it) maybe once a week.

39. Follow up from #13 & #14. I hate fishing too. I think it's cruel. Before moving up here I had a coy pond and could feed my fish by hand, they would come up to the top of the water and give my fingers fishy kisses...don't tell me they don't have feelings.
*Please don't reply to my animal opinions telling me about over population and all that stuff...I know it is necessary but I still don't have to like it.

40. I always pull over for ambulances and say a prayer, not just for the people inside the ambulance but for their families...you never know, this may be the worst day of their lives.

41. I'm not afraid of dying although if I had it my way, it would be fast with no sickness involved.

42. I love alone time.

43. I would rather be in a crowd of friends as opposed to going to dinner with a few friends, I'm always afraid we'll run out of stuff to talk about.

44. I love a clean house...it's almost like my mind is uncluttered when my house is clean.

45. I have a dry sense of humor and that does not come across well in emails so I have to be careful. If I ever say something you don't understand, please just ask.


46. For 4 years I was a DJ for a Christian radio station. I have had dinner with Babbie Mason and visited with Carmen in his dressing room. If you are an OLD Christian, you will be impressed by this.

47. I love it when people provide links in their emails...makes it so much easier to find stuff. Thank you!

48. I have a myspace page but I rarely update it: http://www.myspace.com/ohscrap

49. My middle name is Jane but I never told anyone that till after I was grown. In elementary school, the name embarrassed me because we learned to read by the 'see Jane run, look Jane look' books, very embarrassing for a 7 year old with no self- esteem. Then there was Ms Jane on the Beverly Hillbillies and the list goes on. That poor name has been so abused...on the flip side, I love the name Linda.

50. My husband and I attended a conference by Dave Ramsey and are now debt free except for our house. I'm telling you this because it really does work and is possible for even you and there is just something so freeing about not being in debt to everybody.

6 comments:

  1. WOW!!:O)
    U turned out to be a wonderful wonderful lady!!!I m glad U r here!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so alike it's scary....
    1,2,9,12,13,14,18,21,22,26,27,28,29,30,35,36,40,41,42,44,50 (house paid off!)

    a Linda also, age 58

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda! You have your house paid off!?! YOU GO GIRL!!!!! I can only dream on that one but we are trying for sure. ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your honesty and your unfailing belief in God. You have been dealt a poor hand in life but you have made the best of it. I salute you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! What a testimony!! TFS!!
    I also do #40...I thought I was the only one. LOL
    My husband and I are in week 7 of #50. It is a great class!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should have titled this 50 Cool things about me! I had the same reaction about my kids going off to college...then realized they would return home within weeks with laundry...now I tell parents NOT to do that to themselves! I consider you an angel in so many ways...not sure that you can see it in yourself..but you do have wings!

    ReplyDelete