Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cricut Color Inks Guidelines

Cricut Color Inks

Here are some basic guidelines on how to draw with your Cricut machine:
1. Load marker into the black arms (right where you would usually place the green blade assembly).

2. Load paper. It is important that paper is lined up with the top right corner of the mat, and be sure you start your drawing there if you intend to cut the image out later.

3. Choose and draw the image(s) with the markers by pressing CUT. (Just as an added reference: type out the entire phrase all at once instead of individual letters.)

4. Once your Cricut is done drawing the image, switch out the marker for the blade assembly (without unloading your paper or turning off the machine).

5. Now press the Load Paper button. This will take you back to the beginning of the paper where you first started drawing.

6. Press the Repeat Last button. It will enter in the same characters that you have just drawn.

7. Press the CUT button. It will cut out the image directly over the color outline.

After this process you will have an awesome cut with a colorful outline!


4 comments:

  1. Cricket - Cricut FanOctober 10, 2008 at 4:47 AM

    Thank you for this tutorial, I am bookmarking it for when I have a chance to try this out -- I have been too intimidated to try it out before now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post answered my question perfectly. I ordered the Expressions through the LSS and it's arriving Monday. I was just thinking I'd like to get the markers if I could draw, then cut and have the outline of the cutouts thereby already edged in color. Thank God for Google! Your blog's now on my reading list. And you're only the second blog I've visited that has a McCain banner. That's nice to see, too, for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you GW! Enjoy your reading. =) ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I have had my markers for a year and could not figure out how to use them. I kept unloading the paper and it would never load the same way.

    Awesome information.

    ReplyDelete