Friday, November 21, 2008

Design Studio - New Feature #1

I got a chance to play with the new version (not yet released) of the Cricut Design Studio that works with Vista 64 and I found 2 new features. Below is a picture of one of the features. You can open a .cut file and then under 'Cricut Cartridge Library' you can use the pull down menu and click on 'This Project' and the software will display all the cartridges used on this .cut file. Cool huh.
(You can click on the picture to make it larger, makes it easier to see the image.)



7 comments:

  1. Do you know if cricut will offer an online upgrade to our current versions of CDS? Or will we have to buy new software for this latest version? I am sure my new laptop will have Vista 64. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrific. Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MsBdot, Yes, Cricut will offer an online upgrade, you will not have to buy new software. ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know. You don't know how many times I have opened a cut file that I had previously saved from someone and wanted to know what carts it used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all, I have Vista 64 bit and a hard time getting software to work,, but this blog helped a great deal, but con't upgrade, So I Phone call Circut and was told that the new verion will be ready in 2 week for downdload as a upgrade... hope this help, can't wait.. at Cricut site...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have Vista. I have XP. Does this software upgrade ONLY work on Vista?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, it's an update like all the updates, for all computers (except Mac) with the added benefit that it will work on Vista 64 machines. ~Linda

    ReplyDelete