Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Small Keypad Images in Design Studio

If you find that after updating your Design Studio the images on the virtual keypad are very small, follow the instructions below to correct them.

1. With Design Studio not running, go to your My Documents or Documents.
2. Open the file called Cricut.
3. Open User Data.
4. Right-click on CricutFontsMetadata.xml.
5. Rename the extension to "old" so that the file name is now CricutFontsMetadata.old.
6. Close the file.
7. Open Design Studio. It will rebuild the Metadata file making the images bigger.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting these directions. My eyes Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this info. I didn't know this was one of the changes. But when I restarted DS I lost MY Cartridges. Do you know if there is a way to fix this or is it a small price to pay for being able to see the images without major eye strain.
    Thanks for all you wisdom. I love your blog and the yahoo group.

    Sandry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info, I will have to go and try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could use design studio - I have a Mac. Any idea when it might be available for Mac's? I have a gypsy and LOVE it, but DS would be nice too. Sometimes I like to see things on a bigger screen. Always appreciate your blog.

    ReplyDelete