Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Next Big Thing From Provo Craft!

Check out the letter below or read it for yourself by clicking HERE. And then here are few video links for your viewing pleasure.

VIDEO
VIDEO



***

The Next Big Thing From Provo Craft!

As a Cricut Circle member, we wanted to introduce you to the exciting new product being revealed and celebrated at CHA. Let’s hear a warm round of applause for Cricut Imagine, the world’s first tool that precisely prints and cuts with the touch of a button, requiring no computer or software.

With print and cut together, now and you can add color and dimension to your creative projects, bringing them to life like never before. Cricut Imagine saves you time since you no longer have to use three different tools to get designs, print, and then cut projects. The new machine helps you add more personalization and creativity to projects with a new library of content including shapes, patterns, and color. In addition, Cricut Imagine is easy to use and is built upon award-winning cutting and printing technology from Provo Craft and HP. Cricut Imagine is currently on display at the Craft & Hobby Association Summer Convention and Tradeshow in Chicago.
Cricut Imagine gives new life to all your original Cricut cartridges! Now you can add colors and patterns when pairing the original cartridges with NEW Cricut Imagine Colors and Patterns cartridges.

“Cricut Imagine is not only unique to the crafting industry, but to the world of technology. There is not another device that incorporates printing and cutting the way this machine does,” said Jim Thornton, CEO of Provo Craft. “The pairing of print and cut technology could only be done by the leaders in each category—HP and Provo Craft. We’re eager to see what our customers can now do with a simple sheet of white paper and Cricut Imagine print and cut technology.”
Cricut Imagine features include:

* Cricut Imagine cartridges are enhanced by Cricut Pattern and Cricut Color cartridges to add dimension and layering
* Cricut Imagine is fully compatible with all original Cricut cartridges.
* Compatible with Gypsy by Cricut handheld design studio
* Easy-to-use LCD touch-screen navigation so that all information is right at your fingertips
* New detachable accents to be able to personalize your machine with colors and textures
* Access to a vast new library of content and artwork: Over 150 original Cricut cartridges (with several new cartridges introduced each month), 12 new Cricut Imagine Art cartridges specifically for this new machine, plus 12 new Cricut Imagine Colors & Patterns cartridges
* On-board color and pattern selector - choose your own colors, sizes, and much more
* Works with paper sizes up to 12” x 12” and make cuts from .25” to 11.5”, making large-format print and cutting possible
* Retractable paper tray
* No computer necessary
* Uses same blades and blade housing as current Cricut products
* Uses a separate mat than original Cricut machines

Suggested retail for Cricut Imagine is $599.99. To learn more about this unique machine visit here. For more information on Provo Craft visit the Provo Craft Home Page or follow us on Twitter.
—The Cricut Circle

16 comments:

  1. OMG that is amazing! And big thanks to "Janna" for sharing the info and circle mag ;) bummed it didn't have directions for that card as it is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this posting and please tell your friend that I appreciate her sharing the circle magazine with us. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want it... but no thanks. ProvoCraft has gotten excessively greedy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks pretty awesome. But I wonder how pricey the ink will be...and the quality of the printed page.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Provo Crafts is bleeding us dry. That's way to expensive in these economic times. Cartridges are flooding the market, the images are not near as good as before. They need to slow down and make quality cartridges with great designs and stop cranking out as many as they can as fast as they can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. too much $$$ for me... I agree with kronwall3, they need to work on quality NOT quantity... I've heard that the ink is around $39 each... ouch! I prefer my Canon printer to any HP i've ever had...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I'm not impressed, seems to me it takes the "scrap" out of scrapping. It's way too expensive, and I'm about sick of their back to back release stuff. They need to get one thing under control before they jump into something else. Ugggg

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is pretty pricey! It sounds very fun, but unless you use it professionally, how do you justify that kind of "investment"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can do that on my printer and cut out by hand. wayyyyy to much money for me. Great consept, but I don'tknow how often I'd use it, and like Florellis said, ink is expensive, but I guess if you can afford the machine, you can afford the ink. I'll lay low and see how it goes first. thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well since I don't have a cricut I can't get too excited about this, besides, the price tag is way out of my budget for crafts tools since I'm not a professional card maker or scrapbooker. It does sound like you will be able to do some amazing things though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, how much do ink cartridges cost and how long do they last I wonder? I just got my Expression last Dec and it will be a long while before I even consider making an upgrade like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! that's really quite cool!! I can see a use for it but ouch, way too expensive! And, I agree about the latest carts, I want fonts with shadows, less "cute" images!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds fabulous!! Once, its been out awhile the price will come down just as the Expression did, and then I'll see about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything Provo Craft makes, but I just love my Cricut too much to want to bother with anything else. I have a few cartridges and watch the tutorial blogs for new ideas. I found I can make any kind of card with a little imagination and not spend $600 doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I don't even bake cakes and I want the cricut cake so I am sure I will want this too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree it is a nice concept however most of us scrapnookers do not have that much to spend on a new machine. Just when you buy a machine they come out with something bigger and better and you kinda feel cheated when that happens. It really shows the company is pure profit and not customer minded.

    ReplyDelete