Saturday, September 11, 2010

Let the Price Wars Begin

The Cricut Imagine will be released in just a few days on September 14th at 12:01 EST on the HSN channel with a price reduction from the previously announced $599.

The new HSN price will be $499.99. They are offering 5 flex pays of $99.99 each and no shipping. It comes with 3 Imagine cartridges: Imagine MORE, Imagine BEST FRIENDS and Imagine NURSERY TAILS, 1 full Black Ink, 1 full Color Ink, 1 12x12 sheet of printable vinyl, Stylus, Power Cords, User manual and a DVD.


Online scrapbook stores are also gearing up for the release. I noticed that Memory Miser is already taking orders with a shipping to them date around October 12th and a price of $489.99. Click HERE for details.




I'm so tempted ya'll but I'm going to stay strong because I am convinced that before it's over the price will come down to around the price of the Expression. I can do this...I know I can...really...I can.

11 comments:

  1. I totaly agree, I'm trying to hold out as well. You know that price will come down eventually. I'm thinking just before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so hope you are right. I am banding with you to stay strong. BUT, I really "need" this machine. LOL--Ryansmaama
    gkburrow@cmaaccess.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong... wait till reality hits and people have a chance to use it and honestly tell how it really works. I'm wondering how long the inks really last.. especially after you get a few bad cuts. Even after 5 years, I still waste more paper than I'm happy with.
    The gypsy came down to $100 in less than a year..I bet this machine will fall even faster!
    Hope you do get it for a good price when you do get it!
    Kasot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kasot, you are so right! Re the ink...I personally can't imagine printing whole sheets which would use a lot of ink...I'm thinking just titles and a few embellishments so hopefully the ink will last for me. HOWEVER, without the use of Design Studio, I can foresee a problem with sizing making it possible to have to cut a title out more than once to get it right on the layout and that could be a problem. ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you Linda! I really, really want the imagine but I'd be so mad at myself if I paid this price and then it dropped. So, I'll wait. At least I'll try. I'm counting on you to keep me strong because if you buy, I'll buy. hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay strong Linda. I am thinking I would also like an Imagine, but, like you believe the price will come down if I can just be patient and wait. I'm also waiting to see if it will ever integrate with Design Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I don't know if I have the will power that you guys have.... I need a meeting for support- lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hallmarkscrapbook.com has it for $479.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thinking that HSN will have a special price tomorrow for less than $479..Or have a super bundle for sale. Let's cross our fingers. If the price goes down, I think it will be about 6 months to a year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. pjaramillo, The HSN price will be $499.99. They are offering 5 flex pays of $99.99 each and no shipping. It comes with 3 Imagine cartridges: Imagine MORE, Imagine BEST FRIENDS and Imagine NURSERY TAILS, 1 full Black Ink, 1 full Color Ink, 1 12x12 sheet of printable vinyl, Stylus, Power Cords, User manual and a DVD. ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I made it ya'll. I did NOT buy the Imagine from HSN. I am making myself wait till the price comes down. UGH!! How'd you guys do? Did you cave?

    ReplyDelete