Monday, January 16, 2012

Cricut Imagine

Today's Post is by guest blogger Patricia Salazar.

***




Why so many people complain over the cricut imagine?

Many people were wondering if they should buy a cricut imagine or not on black friday, it was such a good deal, how can you not buy it for $187. I was one of those people, I don't buy things just because they are on sale, but what made me decide on buying an imagine was the fact that I'm a full time mom, I have 2 toddlers and little time for my self, at the end of the day I can only stay awake for a few hours, whith the imagine I just print and cut, I don't need to glue all the pieces to get just one cut.

But if you are someone that doesn't know how to update your computer or how to install a printer you might want to just get a cricut expression or the expression 2.
So many people post messages at the cricut website regarding problems with the imagine, the thing is if you begin installing or updating your imagine and you turn it off or unplug it you will be the one causing your imagine to stop working properly. If your internet connection is to slow or you have a computer virus or an old computer with low memory the process will take forever, you have to be very patient. If this is your case grab a book and don't stress about it or it will drive you insane. In my case it took me little time to do the updating and installing. But I love anything that has to do with computer work.

The calibrating is not as bad as some say, you just pick the numbers where the blade cuts just in the middle or covers the black line, don't think that the blade cut should be below the black line so that you can get the blade to cut the whole image, this is not true, you set it up just like a printer, like I said make sure the blade cuts the black line , not above or below.

My advice to you will be, find out how fast your internet is, do the instalation during the day so you can call the cricut customer service if you run into problems. Login to the cricut website, click on comunity and then on cricut imagine, there's plenty of posts than can be helpful, good luck!

6 comments:

  1. I was so excited to get the Imagine but my problems started right out of the box. If you follow directions it tells you to update with the Cricut Imagine More cart and of course I had a cart that would not work. Yes PC sent me another but then the Craftroom is not working properly with the Imagine as well and Provo Craft answer is "we are working on that". I am a very patient person but it doesn't look like there is an answer in sight. I am disappointed to say the least because I really love the Craft Room. Makes things so much easier to see and design. Still hoping for a solution, If you have one I would be forever greatful!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Imagine and use it all the time with Cricut Craft Room, my Gypsy, and sometimes just with the cartridges. However, since my Imagine and my computer both share the dining room table, I mostly us CCR or gypsy if I don't feel like looking for the cartridges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. !!!!!I ALSO LUV MY IMAGINE IT WORKS JUST GREAT WITH MY GYPSY. DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS UPDATING I JUST LOVE ALL THE CRICUTS HAVE THEM ALL...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so LOVE MY IMAGINE TOO!! parkernana4@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had my share of problems with the Imagine, but I was fortunate enough to have a very caring lady at PC help me (finally) get one that was already updated and ready to go. To be honest, I haven't tried to link it to CCR, mainly because I haven't wanted to jinx anything, but also because CCR has had issues of it's own. That being said, I love the Imagine and I sincerely hope they don't abandon the product altogether!

    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the Imagine and don't really use it much. I prefer my non cartridge based cutters but I had high hopes when I bought this. I was hoping that at some point in time they would allow me to print the photos from my gypsy with it. I wasted money on this for my purpose but it good to see some folks are using it. I bought it from HSN at the time of release so you know I paid big $$ for it. I will say I had no problems with it. I just needed it to do more. I have a KnK Zing now and the print and cut on that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete