Friday, January 20, 2012

A Homemade Trading Card Game!

Post made by guest blogger, Allison Coldren. Be sure to visit her blog here: http://orangeyougladdaily.blogspot.com/

***

I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am to be a guest blogger for “Just A Scrappin’”. When I was given this opportunity, I thought long and hard about the right project for my post. I really wanted to do something special and different for this blog since I have been given so many great ideas and tips right here. And without further ado…

A Homemade Trading Card Game!

This is a twist on a set of ATCs. My 7 year old son LOVES all trading card games (Yu-Gi-Oh, Redakai, Pokemon, etc) and I HATE paying for these expensive pieces of paper. So we sat down and decided to make our own set together. It was incredibly quick and easy!



Now, I am normally a traditional paper crafter, but these cards are better off done digitally. It makes it easier to keep a unified look and add more cards whenever you want. Here is a quick tutorial:

1. Create your images for each card (my son drew his monsters on 8.5x11” paper) and scan them to your computer.



2. Create your trading card template. You can use any photo editing software that you have, or even a Microsoft Word document. We wanted a similar look to the set of Yu-Gi-Oh cards my son has, so we used that as an example while creating our template. Be sure to create a back side template to your cards (my son also made a drawing for this, but you can chose any image).

3. Insert one image per card and add your details (name, special powers, point levels, etc).



4. Print your cards and laminate. If you do not have a laminating machine, use clear Con-Tac paper. This makes the cards more sturdy and helps secure the front and back sides.



After this project, my son has declared his love for scrapbooking! I can’t wait to do more with him.

Stop by my blog to check out some other fun, kid-friendly projects. Thanks and Happy Scrappin’!
Allison

1 comment:

  1. Super cute and creative idea, Allison. I love it!

    ReplyDelete