Monday, February 20, 2012

The Design Team

Keia- Design Team Coordinator
Hello my name is Keia. I started scrapbooking about 10 years ago while living in Okinawa, Japan. What I love most about scrapbooking and card making is the paper. I joke with my husband that I have never been introduced to a piece of paper I did not like. I look forward to sharing my love of paper with my fellow crafters and together we can grow and learn from each other. Let the paper crafting begin. Blog: Confessions of a Paperholic





************************************************************************************

In the “normal” world I am Crystal Kovach; wife to Tim, mother to Kaitlyn (10) and Logan (3), and accounting/shipping expert for a small company in Minneapolis.  But in the world of scrapbooking and card-making, I’m free to step outside of my regular roles and express my creative side however I choose.  This freedom to express different sides of my personality is what led me to begin scrapbooking about sixteen years ago.  Though I must admit that my love affair with all things ink and paper didn’t truly begin until I purchased my first Cricut in December of 2010.  Since that point in time my skill (as well as my collection of crafting supplies) has grown leaps and bounds.  I can’t imagine a better avenue for expressing my thoughts and feelings as I’m racing through this beautiful chaos we call life.  I love learning new techniques and gathering oodles of inspiration from bloggers around the world.  My appreciation for others sharing their works of art led me to begin my own blogging journey about a year and a half ago.  I hope that my creations are able to spark inspiration for others the way that so many bloggers have done for me.



Now on to today's project!

I created this ooo-la-la card for a girlfriend's bachelorette party.  She's one of my more outgoing friends and I knew she'd appreciate this vivacious image from Kenny K.  To me, coloring stamped images for a card is way more fun than buying a standard premade greeting card.  Since I colored it in myself I was able to match the eye and hair color to that of my friend.  It's just one of those extra little touches that lets the recipient know how special they are to you.

The flourish behind this sexy little minx is a Sizzix Bigz Die called Swirl (#657056) and the decorative cut at the top right is from an EK Success corner punch (Fountain of Fun).  I simply took off the plastic guide for the punch and used it to make the full shape.
************************************************************************************
Hi, everyone!  I’m Brenda, and I live in SW Ohio with my DH of 36 years.   We have two grown children, one son-in-law and one granddaughter  (and grandchild #2 is due this summer!).   Most of our family live nearby, so we have lots of family photo ops during the year.   DH and I also like to take trips on our Harley, and of course I keep my camera in my pocket to snap photos from the road!
I’ve been scrapbooking for about 14 years now.  I’ve always been the “photo bug” in the family, so once I saw my first Creating Keepsakes show on a QVC craft day, I knew this would be the perfect hobby.  Little did I know that this would become a semi-obsession, and lead the way to rubber stamping, cardmaking, and altered items (and of course scrappy shopping!)   I love the creative outlet of paper crafting, and also the knowledge that I’m saving some of the stories behind the photos, so future generations will know a little bit about me and my family and our lives.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone who shares in the creativity of Just a Scrappin’!


************************************************************************************
My name is Cindy Vernon and I think that I still own the first rubber stamp I ever got when I was 7 years old and have been crafting ever since. I am a big card maker but I also love scrapbooking my family. My favorite project would have to be a scrapbook that I made in 2000 of a trip to Europe that  I took with my mom. It was the first scrapbook that I had made using rubber stamps and patterned paper. There were very little embellishments or variety of products like there is now and it makes me really happy to look back at that project and see how creative I was with so little. Don't get me wrong, I love my Cricut and can't imagine crafting without it! I have been married for almost 7 years to a man who has absolutely no understanding of my obsession with paper and we have a 5 year old son named Tyler and a 3 year old daughter named Lily who fancies herself a princess.
 
 
***********************************************************************************
Hi, my name is Keri Parish, I am an HR Manager for Kraft Foods for the last 18 years and I’ve been married to my Hubby and best friend for almost 16 years.  We have three fur babies, Zippy, Titan and Zeus.  When I am not with them or working I spend my time Scrapbooking and Card Making.  I have been Scrappin for about 10 years, it all started when I was invited to a Creative Memories party and was hooked immediately!

Card Recipe:
Paper Trimmings Cart (circle exclusive) – Square function Accent 5 welded and cut at 4.25 (fits a standard A2 envelope) with DCWV The Green Stack pattern paper
Square function Accent 5 layer cut on Stampin Up Dusty Durango and sprayed with Spiced Pumpkin Glimmer Mist
Sizzix and Hero Arts Stamps and Die Floral set – stamped with Adirondack inks and spritzed with glimmer water for a water color look.
Pearl pens for faux brads

***************************************************************************************************************
Patti at Patti's Paper Fun

My name is Patti Bond, from West Salem, IL. I'm married to LeRoy.  We will be married 4 years on Feb. 14th.  We have 4 girls Jennifer 25, Jamie 21, Tameeka 19 and Hannah 18.  I have 4 grandbabies, Faith 3, Hunter 18 months, and twins; Tilee & Ayden 6 months.  I have been crafting since I was 6.  My grandmother taught me to crochet and my mom taught me to sew.   I started scrapbooking about 8 years ago.  Started card making about 2 years ago, when my niece and I started doing craft shows with our cards, scrapbooking pages and paper projects. I was on the Paper Cutz Challenge DT since Sept. 2010 until it closed in Jan. 2012.  I enjoy making my own items like popdots, wiggle wire, flowers and other embellishing and crafting items.  We live over an hour from the closest craft store so I do what I can with what I have.  Hope you all enjoy and learn from my projects I do for the Just a Scrappin' DT.
 
I sent in these two cards that I made one for a girl and one for a boy.  I liked how they turned out.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing group of gals you all are! LOVE LOVE LOVE all your projects and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Keia! I'm excited about being on the DT with these talented women.

    ReplyDelete