Friday, August 10, 2012

Adorable mini album made with CTMH Artiste

This post was written by guest blogger Carol Horton. Carol is a Close to My Heart Independent Consultant. Please visit her website at carolhhorton.ctmh.com and her blog here: carol-scrappininparadise.blogspot.com


I cut this mini album using both Colonial White cardstock and CTMH Flirty papers at 3.75 inches.  I alternated the side of the papers for each page of the book.  The backs of each page will have facing pages in the same pattern.

The only page that you have to decide before cutting is the one with the file folder tab. For the second side, you have to figure out which side of the paper you want showing and make sure the cricut cut matches.  All of the other pages are symmetrical and you can flip the papers to fit.

Here are each of the inside pages.
 This is the closed album before decorating.
To decorate the front, I actually used the scraps after cutting with the cricut.  I cut each flower out that I could, even partial ones.  If they were on the edge of the paper or from a cut, I used them on the edge of my book cover.  I layered them so that the cutouts didn't show. I layered 2 with 3-D foam tape and layered one with 2 layers of 3-D foam tape.


This is one of the projects that students in my Adult Education classes will be making in the fall term.

All products used are available from Close to My Heart and can be purchased HERE

Thanks for looking,
Carol


7 comments:

  1. I am seriously thinking about getting that cartridge. Great project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. You can 0rder it from my CTMH online store at carolhorton.ctmh.com Click on the join this gathering button when it comes up on your shopping cart page. I'm having a special promotion until Aug. 15 for a mystery hostess. So far the prize is $25 of free products, but if one more person orders the cartridge, the prize will increase to $40 for the hostess.

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful!! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really pretty album and can be used for any special event. I do have a construction question. After you add the 2D and 3D flowers to the cover, where is the curved flap? I seem to have lost site of it in the photos and have gotten myself confused on how it all goes together. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. The album goes together with the curved flap on the right. I will put binder rings (like a loose leaf) though the holes of each page on the left. I'm going to attach a small velcro dot to the underside of the flap and let it attach to the cover when it closes. I'm in the process of making the album and will post a video on my YouTube channel when it is finished. My channel is cmhorton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks - super on the video !!

    ReplyDelete