Monday, August 13, 2012

DT Member Spotlight--Nicole M

Good Morning Fellow Crafters and Bloggers,

I hope you are ready to enjoy another week here at Just-A-Scrappin'. I want to thank Kim for giving us a glimpse into her crafting world. Fellow DT member Nicole will delight you with her vintage style, so sit back, relax and enjoy.

Meet Nicole M...

1.You write that you have been a scrapbooker for eight years, can you pinpoint the moment when you thought, “I really enjoy scrapbooking?” 

It was the first time I had attempted to scrap.  My husband and I had just gotten married, so I at least had items to scrap.  My mother took me along with 6 or 8 of her friends for a weekend retreat in Myrtle Beach, SC scrapping.  It was 4 days of non-stop scrapping until all hours of the night.  It was the most fun I have ever had.  If scrapbooking was always going to be this much fun, how could I not love it.

2. Your blog name says it all, Loving Vintage Scrapbooking, what does vintage mean to you? How do you incorporate a vintage look and feel to your altered projects and scrapbooking? 

Vintage means anything that looks old or is old.  The way I incorporate a vintage look is by using Colorbox Chestnut Roon chalk ink.  It is very easy to use and one of the best colors to make items look aged.

3. Where do you find inspiration for your crafts? 

Most of my inspiration comes from the pictures I scrap.  I mostly scrap old family photos.  I have a really hard time scrapping current photos because of the bright colors.  I like to take objects and alter them whenever I can.

4. You work in a scrapbooking store, lucky woman. What is your favorite paper line or item? Why? 

My favorite line to use is October Afternoon because they have a lot of vintage looking lines.  BUT, I also “collect” Graphics 45 papers.  Notice I say collect because I never use these.  Although they are very vintage they are just too beautiful to cut.  So I keep them protected in plastic sleeves.

5. Is there an item from the Summer 2012 CHA you think fellow crafters should be on the lookout for? Why? 

After looking at some of the items, I would have to say the Jenni Bowlin wired feathers will be a favorite among crafters.  Although Heidi Swapp and Teresa Collins papers and embellies are beautiful and I use them a lot, the feathers look really cool to me.  

6. What is the one tool you cannot live without? Why?

Cutterbee tweezers are the tool I cannot live with out.  I must have these when scrapping, they are like a third hand.  But, I would also never give up my Cricut, EVER.





To see more of Nicole's work check out her blog at www.lovingvintagescrapbooking.blogspot.com.

Thank you for stopping by this fine Monday. See you next week...

Happy Scrappin',

The Just A Scrappin' DT

No comments:

Post a Comment