Monday, August 27, 2012

DT Spotlight--Michelle

Happy Monday Fellow Crafters,

It has been a blast getting know to the members of the Just A Scrappin' Design Team. Each crafty lady brings a new perspective to crafting. I hope you have learned somethings and have enjoyed getting to know the ladies thus far. I want to thank Nicole for providing us with useful tips on how to craft on a budget. 

This week we spotlight fellow DT member, Michelle. Sit back, relax and enjoy.

Meet Michelle...

1. How long have you been paper-crafting? How did you get your start?
     
 I have been "seriously" paper crafting since about 1998. I attended a Creative Memories workshop and was hooked on scrapbooking my husbands Sprint Car racing, which has led to other venues. I have even taught Cricut classes!
 
2. You are relatively new to the blogging world, what made you decide to become a crafting blogger? Where do you see your blog going in the future?

When I decided to blog about what I make, I was actually looking for constructive criticism/constructive feedback on how to get better! I want to make OMG cards, the kind that delight the recipient! Right now I'm in the  final stages of building a new house (the one we're in now doesn't even have insulation!) so the blog has been suffering. I think along the middle of September I will be moving in and then I will be creating like mad! I do want   to do tutorials and projects eventually.
 
 3.  You have a very clean and structured crafting style (which I like), how do you see your crafting style? And how do you see your style evolving as a paper-crafter?  
 
 I like Clean & Simple. I have so much trouble with Vintage, shabby chic because I feel like I'm getting too many layers and muddying things up. As my style evolves I try to incorporate different and unusual ways of using stamp and embellishments. I know what's on my blog is not indicative of this, as a bunch of my great examples have been commandeered for last minute gifts! People really like to have unique cards to give out, so I make an     assortment of Thank You's, Sympathy, Birthdays, Baby Boy & Girl, Wedding, etc. I put about a dozen together in a decorated gift bag I give out to special people. I also think the more you make the better you get.
 
4.  What is your favorite tool to work with? Why?
 
 Oh boy! I have a LOT of favorites. The Cricut and my Cuttlebug I think are my two favorite. I like the Cricut because I can cut anything at any size! I don't have to buy a bunch of sticker sheets just for E's! And the images we can cut with the Cricut are just awesome because you personalize each image just by paper choices and sizing. The Cuttlebug is just great for embossing! I love adding embossing to the Cricut cuts I make. I also like using Spellbinder dies in the Cuttlebug.

5.  Where do you find inspiration for your projects/cards/layouts?
 
 I think paper and embellishments inspire creativity.  Sometimes I look at the paper and can see the project done, and when I do a layout the photos inspire the project. I also get inspiration from, believe it or not, magazine & TV ads. Big companies pay a lot of money for good color combinations & design-so I like to take advantage of their research!



 
 
To see more of Michelle's work, visit her blog at www.justanutterpapercrafter.blogspot.com.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you look forward to next week's DT Spotlight.

Happy Scrapping,

Just A Scrappin' Design Team 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Michelle for your comments and ideas. I am somewhat new(Feb 12) and like getting other people's perspective on what they like and why.

    ReplyDelete