Monday, August 20, 2012

DT Spotlight--Nicole D

Good Morning Fellow Crafters,

Happy Monday and welcome to another awesome DT Spotlight. We want to write a huge thank you to Nicole M for giving us a glimpse into her crafting world. Fellow DT member, Nicole D, is helping us to craft and save at the same time. Enjoy!

Meet Nicole D...


1. How long have you been crafting? And how did you start?

I have been crafting for as long as I can remember. My mom always made her own holiday décor such as wreaths and she would let me help. Creating and art has always been something that I have loved doing. I only started really getting into paper crafting about 6 years ago when I was planning my wedding and came across a scrapbooking direct sales company at a wedding show. I signed up for a party and the girl came and did it and I fell in love with it. (Her and I are still good friends today, except now I am the consultant! Haha) I really only started into cards about a year ago, but I absolutely love it.

2. I love the name of your blog, how did you arrive at the blog name "Think, Create, Save" and how do you live up to that name?

I found that I was always going to a store and seeing things I absolutely loved, but then looked at the price tag and thought “No way I’m paying that!” So that’s when I started to look into how much it would cost to make something that I had seen. My first shot was a canvas word art project that I went a step further and personalized for a friend’s daughter’s birthday. I thought it came out pretty good!

Then I thought “This doesn’t only apply to décor items, people can save a lot of money if they ate at home”. So, I started to include easy, yummy recipes.

The blog is a bit of a hodge-podge at the moment, but I think it’s a pretty good interpretation of myself… always 10 things on the go!

3. What ways have you found to save money while scrapping and crafting?

SAVE EVERYTHING! Haha… No, really. ☺ I have two clear plastic shoe boxes full of just scraps of paper.  It’s amazing some of the beautiful things you can make from scraps of nothing. I also save Christmas cards to punch into tags for the next Christmas. I also look for alternatives to items. An example of this is vinyl. I don’t buy the Cricut vinyl, instead I buy shelf lining vinyl at the dollar store. Same effect, a quarter of the cost!

4. Where do you find inspiration for your arts and crafts?

I’m a Pinterest junkie. But also, I like to interpret things I see in the stores for myself to save a few bucks. I think my 2 boys (age 3 ½ and 2) are also an inspiration. They remind me every day to have fun, don’t worry so much about the little things, and to think outside the box.

5. What is the one tool in your crafting arsenal can you not live without and why?

 I have a pair of tweezers that come to almost a needle like point. I am lost without them! They have helped me accurately place bits and pieces for the entire time I’ve paper crafted! They are actually for placing circuitry in computer chips, so that should be an indication of of how pointy they are!




To see more of Nicole's work you can view her blog at www.thinkcreatesave.blogspot.com.

Thank you for stopping by on this fine Monday. Please check us out next week as we get to know another Just A Scrappin' DT member.

Happy Scrappin',

The Just A Scrappin' DT

1 comment:

  1. If you get this please email me. Carol - happy expressions. My email account crashed and I have lost all my email from the group.

    thanks Carol

    ReplyDelete