Thursday, August 8, 2013

Universal Keypad Overlay by Cricut

So what do you guys think about the new Universal Overlay that Cricut just introduced? I kind of like the idea! 



We're making it easier than ever to use our cartridges! The new universal keypad overlay offers a consistent, simple format for all cartridges launched after August 1, 2013. Going forward, you’ll only have to learn, organize, and store one overlay, instead of a specific overlay for every cartridge.
Eliminating cartridge-specific overlays also enables us to make the cartridge packaging smaller, keeping cartridges at an affordable price point. Less packaging is also more environmentally friendly.
This move to a universal keypad overlay reflects our larger commitment to creating the easiest-to-use cutting machines and cartridges on the market. We will continue to innovate to make being creative even easier for you.

Click HERE to learn more.

10 comments:

  1. I can already see I will not be buying any future cartridges. I hate change! It took me forever to figure out the overlays I am using right now and I like to see the picture on them. I did mention just how much I hate change???? Just saying. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not to happy about the change. If something isn't broken, then why fix it??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a shock. Okay, I hate change too but I really would like to see the price of carts dropped and if this helps to do that then I'm willing to learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure...liked the old for the pics. I will try because I will have no choice. By the way, Kinda, your link to the store that sells cheap supplies does not work. What is the actual website address?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be researching this too. I do agree with Diana, I work with the Cricut machines and when a new one comes out they send on to my place of emplyment, and I demo it to the public. I saw them take the best machine they ever created (Original Expressions) and try to imporve on it by creating the Imagine, that was a big mistake. Then they came out with the Expressions 2, another blunder. They should go back to the Original Expressions. I have had mine for 3 years and use it daily! and have never had a problem. People come to me all the time with problems with these other machines. Because folks know that I have so much experience with these machines they come to me to decide which one to purchase. I tell them my experience with them and direct them to places they can go where others have shared their experiences and then they can decide. Needless to say they choose the Original Expression. I have to say that I am a visual learner and hands on. So I too love to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's http://blitsy.com/invitations/index/accept/3857. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do not like this AT ALL!! I agree lower prices for the cartridges would be great....but, still am not in favor of this change.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Marye Bird. Best and easiest machine to use is the original Expression! I am also not in favor of the universal overlay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my Cricut and this new layover is a pain. Perhaps I like my "old" stuff because it works and is easy to use. OR, as someone else said, why change something that works????

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must agree the new overlay is a pain. I love my cartridges and like seeing the ideas that come with these cartridges. Come on Cricut, if we have to use the overlay please give us a break on cartridges.

    ReplyDelete